Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Can Anyone Say Where My Hood At...

As I posted late night Saturday I missed my girl Miko's birthday get together at Kanvas in which I feel terrible about (I mean slit my wrist terrible). I just have to say Miko is one of the smartest and funniest friends I have the pleasure of knowing. Her sincerity and overall go hard for her loved ones is unmatched (like how I did that).

In any event I made a prior commitment to do a favor for a friend and help bartend at Albany Manor (can anyone say ante up...where my hood at). It was just that real...I haven't been in a hood situation like that in too many years I care to reveal to you. I'm not saying that it was a bad situation because honestly I have to say after being in it I kind of miss the hood parties. It's just after a certain age you can't do it anymore. That's just me. Boy I gotta tell you if you are from Brooklyn or if you ever been to a Brooklyn bashment this was the one to be at. Hosted by my boys Kendu and Papa Lou. They definitely did their thing, so shout out to you guys. Dudes were popping bottles like it was water and the music was tight. They were playing some songs that I couldn't help but dance to...one guy came over to the bar and said "$**% it ma, just dance" and that's exactly what I did. After cleaning up I didn't get home until 6 am. All the while thinking about how I disappointed Miko (there I go again)I wanted to call her but it was much too late.

So I decided to text an ex of mine (simple case of dialing while drunk...you'll be reading about a few of those...hahaha) lucky for me he was sleep and didn't respond to me until later that day. We ended up getting up with each other and going to dinner. We went to a South African restaurant called Madiba off Lafayette Street in Brooklyn. It was our first time seeing each other in about a month. There's a story behind this but I'll give that to you in another post (how thirsty are you).

I say all that to say that I'm posting now from his office at his home and I will finish this story this afternoon when I get home (Hahaha). Get your heads out the gutter, nothing is going on nor is anything happening, he's sleep. By the way I forgot how to delete address history from a computer. The last thing I want him to be able to do is to get on and go back to my site. I haven't told him I was doing it yet. Just for the record when I tell you guys about certain dudes I will be changing their names, and that will be the only thing I change (unless they make me just that mad, then they'll be on full blast).

So...I guess I'll hear from you guys later...please feel free to post comments.

Smooches...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what I'm talking about!! NOW, I can live. It's all so funny to me because we have been down so long I know who and what you are talking about with even the most subtle reference and can almost see the next entry before you post it. I know you must have felt out of place at that party while at the same time feeling right at home. (Does that make sense?)Anyhow, I'm plugged in and will follow up witcha later.

Anonymous said...

Milky, you are off the hook...I love your gangster...stay getting at him...what is his name?by the way how unmatched?...i thought i was the smartest (lol).just kidding....more please...